the ever increasing 'to do' list


I have to head off for a week to help settle my Mum into her new home in Martinborough. It's going to be a big job, and truth be told, I'm hugely looking forward to returning to my Christmas preparations next week. So much to do!

First, I need to decorate the living room with paper lanterns and birds to create a colourful festive zone.


Then I need to make up the gift edition of Anne's fantasy story Poinsettia. I've bought a couple of gorgeous stamps to decorate the covers.

There's more Christmas shopping to do. A little girl I know is going to love this hot pink tutu I found in Warkworth yesterday.


And as for Christmas sewing projects - I have a number of silk kimonos to adapt for some lovely ladies I know,

and two 1960s armchairs to reupholster in this vibrantly patterned Italian linen that is going to be an absolute show-stopper in my lounge. The colour combination fills me with joy.

Let's just hope Zero doesn't attack the fabric with her 'flashing claws of doom' as Jack describes them!


More soon...

Comments

Popular Posts