Indie Book Fair



I have a table at the Indie Book Fair tomorrow at Te Uru Gallery in Titirangi. I've been reading about how to create an effective book display, and the consensus seems to be not to overstock your table, and to make a visually appealing display that people will be drawn to. It's also a good idea to offer something extra at a book fair, so I've been busy this week making special book bags. The three Paper Table novellas by Jack Ross and Leicester Kyle come in an appliquéd book bag, and Frances Kelly's short story, "First Fall" comes in a quilted book cover. It's slipped into a striped cotton book bag with fabric labels stitched onto the outside. Here are some details:



I've incorporated one of my vintage sewing boxes into the display, with a few sewing bits and bobs for added visual interest. I'm looking forward to browsing through the many gorgeous publications that will be on display tomorrow. Hope to see you there!

Comments

Popular Posts