Gathering


illustration from a 1960s bible for children
1950s book cover design by John Woodcock

I've begun the process of gathering imagery that I can use as design inspiration for the book I'm making for the textile art exhibition at Waiheke Art Gallery in September. I'm drawn to strong geometric elements that can be converted into graphic fabric compositions.

illustration from a 1960s bible for children
In keeping with the design concept of Sunday School flannel boards, the main fabric I'll be using is brushed cotton, which has the advantage of not fraying too much when cut. Next I need to decide on the colours I'll need for each of the seven spreads and then its on to the fun part of composing the scenes with pop-ups and moving parts...

Comments

Unknown said…
You know what? I seriously LOVE this little gathered group of images. I think the colors. And the angular (cubust?) shapes... X Lies

Popular Posts