One pattern / Two looks

I found four large pieces of Nana knit fabric at the Takapuna Hospice shop yesterday. Now I'm sure this style of fabric is not everyone's cup of tea, but I could definitely see the potential for all kinds of textile goodies like pocket bags, pencil cases and patchwork cushions. First up though, I decided to make a new collar design using a pattern I adapted from the shaped waistband of a child's skirt.

Because the houndstooth pattern is so busy I kept the collar simple and opted for an invisible dome fastening instead of a button on the outside. 

For a more formal look I used the same pattern to make an ornate version of the collar for a special occasion using a silk panel from an old kimono in a gorgeous shade of midnight blue with a silver and pink pattern. I added a ruffle and embellished it with a black glass Art Deco button.

A versatile pattern is a really handy thing to have in the sewing room.

Up next - Nana knit bangles...

Comments

Popular Posts