decorations



My Christmas mojo has taken a bit of a hit of late, but there's nothing like a bit of paper-crafting to restore the festive spirit. I found an old roll of tika tape and thought it could be turned into pretty decorations to hang in the lounge window. I plan to thread chains of these triple tear drops and intersperse them with a string or two of paper snowflakes.  

The easy snowflake template below comes from Yamada Ito's book New Dimensions in Papercraft (1967), my go-to favourite for all things paper. I've used metallic card in silver and gold.



Draw a circle about the size of a saucer on a piece of thin card and cut it out. Fold the circle in half once, and in half again. Draw the shape shown above, cut it out through all the layers with a pair of sharp scissors, and carefully unfold it to reveal your snowflake.

Quick and simple to make and lovely to look at - the best sort of craft!

Comments

Popular Posts