follow the white rabbit

Over the years I've gathered a nice collection of 1950s paper and textile craft books. When I flick through them I always get a bit excited about all the things I could make, so when I came across a cute little how-to make paper animals project in an old school journal I couldn't resist...


But then I got a bit carried away.

One thing

led to another

and before I knew it,

I'd made...

A paper town.


It might seem like an oddly childish thing to have made, but actually it's the first part of a much bigger project I'm cooking up. It's a bit too soon to share the details, but one thing's for sure - there will be a lot more models to come...

Comments

tazey said…
wow man! that is the coolest looking town ever! is that a shop that sells cakes and frocks and sail boats? I like it!
you're clever and if you had a shop i would shop there all the time.
Meliors Simms said…
as usual, exquisite work, this is irresistable, it looks like it should the set of a stop motion film, perhaps populated by 1950s paper animals. Can't wait to see what happens next. Yay for post thesis creativity unleashed!!

Popular Posts