Botanicals 3

A pair of linen cushions for my friend Caroline using leftover floral fabric from her new drapes.

For colour contrast, I picked one of the minor colours in the floral print, and matched it with a piece of textured linen I bought recently from The Heritage Shop in Martinborough. It's one of those magical shops where you can happily while away a couple of hours looking through all the drawers full of antique lace and searching through piles of vintage fabrics and yarns.

The original plan had been to sew an A-line skirt for Caroline from the leftover fabric, but being the thrifty crafter that I am, I couldn't bear to waste expensive fabric trying to match up the floral print with the panels of the skirt. So cushions it is!

Have a lovely Saturday. The cicadas are going crazy outside!

Comments

Popular Posts