four walls

Katharina Jaeger collage (left  rear), Bronwynne Cornish Oracle card, Short Stories by Apol Lejano-Massebieau

An unexpected promotion has meant that I actually have my own office at Massey University's Albany campus this year.  Here's the view from my window.
Seeing as I'll be spending more time at work, I thought I should put a few arty things around the place to keep me stimulated visually while I'm away from my lovely little crafting room at home.

It's amazing how a few posters, cards and small works on paper can enliven a space.


I hung a couple of unframed collages by Graham Fletcher. I like searching for the pieces of the woman's face in the black and white work.
a botanical card by Tiny Happy; a Ceramic head by Janet Green; a Graham Percy card

a gorgeous letterpress bunny card sent from the USA by my sis

Poetry postcards with words by Ursula Bethell and Hone Tuwhare
from the exhibition Main Trunk Lines at the National Library some years ago.

A butterfly tile design and a small painting of a girl by Emma Smith

A colourful jewellery catalogue by the Weeds Collective

A poster from the exhibition Auratica Fantastica curated by Graham Fletcher and Andrea Low
at Auckland University last year.

A poster from the exhibition Au Revoir Marilyn Sainty
at Objectspace a few years ago.

I've made a start on filling the bookshelf with mainly New Zealand fiction and art catalogues.

The new semester begins tomorrow. I think I'm ready...
Have a great week everybody.



Comments

Popular Posts