scraps


My low waste approach to crafting means that I inevitably end up with bags and bags of scraps. Wallpaper scraps, textile scraps and cardboard scraps fill the cupboard in my overcrowded workroom. I particularly hate to waste felt scraps. After all, it takes an hour of hard labour to make one 30cm felt square, so I'm reluctant to throw any part of it away. In the evenings I've started to blanket stitch around the edges of the odds and ends and to decorate some with rudimentary embroidery.


Even scraps have their uses

As a nice closure for a felt pouch, for instance.

Comments

ronnie said…
I'm with you - on so many levels it just feel right to use every last little bit of our precious resources.... no waste is wonderful (ps I love the colours of your felted project.... surweeeet!)

Popular Posts